Norton Security 126.96.36.199 update is now available via Live Update. As with our previous updates, this version is being released in a phased manner. This update is available in all supported languages. To download it, simply run Live Update through Norton user interface.
This update is available for the following Norton products:
- New Norton 360
- Firstly, Norton Antivirus Plus
- Norton Security
- Internet Security
- N Antivirus
- Finally, Norton Security Online
To verify you have the update for Norton Security, launch the Main User Interface, click on Help, and select About.
Below FAQs addresses some common questions:
1. What is the version number for this patch?
2. When will I receive the patch?
As is our standard practice, we are deploying the patch in a phased manner. We have released the patch to randomly selected customers, and will then monitor our telemetry, as well as this forum, for any problems or issues. Once we have confirmed the effectiveness of the patch, we will make it available to all customers. We will post an update on the Norton Community Forums when we make the patch available to all customers.
3. How can I manually install these patches?
This patch is ONLY available via LiveUpdate, and is being released in a phased manner. You may need to run LiveUpdate and reboot a few times before your product is completely updated to the latest version.
4. What’s new in Norton 188.8.131.52?
- Domain name changes – Symantec.com to Norton.com
- Customers will be informed about a billing failure via a banner on the Main UI
- Remedies for the VPN issues:
- Fix for connection error (9012, 87) via Norton Automated Self-Healing Application.
- Customers seeing Error (9012, 809) will be redirected to Knowledge Base article
- Other minor bug fixes and performance enhancements
- Norton 22.20.2 supports: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8, 8.1 and Windows 10
- Norton 22.20.2 targets versions 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11
- This update is not available for maintenance mode OSes (Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7 with no service pack)