Why do we need to Disable Norton sometimes?
Norton can sometimes interfere with the installation process of some software & programs. It can also Interfere in the functionality of the web browser. Don’t worry, you can overcome this issue by temporally disabling the Norton services & install your desired software. You can enable the Norton services again & let it does normal work as before.
Procedure to Disable Norton Antivirus and The Smart Firewall
- Click on the small triangle icon in the bottom right corner of your screen,
- Click on the Notification tray.
- Right-click on the Norton icon. You will see a list of Norton antivirus security options.
- Click on Disable Smart Firewall. It will disable the firewall on a temporary basis.
- Select the duration to set the duration to temporally disable the firewall.
- Click on OK, to activate it.
Note: when you disable the Smart Firewall, your computer will be exposed to the threats, malware, and viruses.
Procedure to Control the Norton Toolbar
For Firefox & Internet Explorer browsers
You can disable Norton’s browser toolbar (If you are using Internet Explorer or the Firefox browser) in order to access the web sites disabled by the Norton.
- Click on the view button.
- Then select toolbars & uncheck Norton Toolbar. (Recheck this box and it will be re-enabled when you want to turn it on).
- Then click on OK to save the settings.
For Google Chrome browser
- Click on the menu & select tools.
- Choose Extensions. You will find the option to enable and disable the Norton Toolbar under Extensions option.
- By Disabling it, You can access those websites blocked by Norton. Turn it on when you have accessed the blocked sites.
Aamir Lone is a Symantec Norton expert has been working in the technology industry from the last 3 year. As a technical expert, he has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as norton.com/setup